This growth since 1997 averages 30% per annum, and has seen the range of services provided by the ECL Group increase substantially.
Key Milestones Include:
- 1954 Electrical Construction Ltd commenced trading in Christchurch New Zealand
- 1997 Management buy out by Grant and Brent Mirfin, the start of a new era
- 1999 Company re-branded, ECL Electronics and ECL Security new business units developed
- 2001 Specialist Monitoring Services starts trading, a new technology focused business
- 2002 ECL expands operations nationally, opening offices in all main centres
- 2004 ECL acquires Fuelquip NZ and Fuelquip Australia, specialist operators in the energy sector
- 2011 Company re-branding to ECL Group, bring all brands under a single entity
- 2012 ECL Group acquires Site Care, a specialist facilities maintenance company
- 2013 ECL Group acquires Assist Network Services, a Hamilton based technology company
- 2014 ECL Group establishes plumbing services business in Auckland through joint venture with Flowpro.
- 2015 ECL Group acquires Security Networks, a Wellington based electronic security business
- 2016 A new business operation Compliance Services is established to undertake building compliance activities
It is our vision is to be the leading critical services provider throughout New Zealand and Australia.
New Zealand and Australian operations share common Directors, creating a consistent vision and direction across the group. Our approach allows us to recognise the differences between the two markets, while at the same time share expertise across geographies to deliver the best outcomes for our clients.