Senior EV Charging Specialist
- Exciting projects in the wings and a great opportunity to grow your career
- Travel our beautiful country and contribute to ECL Groups ongoing success story
- Based in Auckland
About the position
Our client ECL Group have an exciting new opportunity to join their team. This role will see you involved in a variety of small, medium, and major projects throughout NZ, including supporting the commissioning and inspections of Electric Vehicle Charger (EVC) installations and networks. You’ll have the opportunity to work with some of the largest and emerging charge point operators and commercial fleet organisations to bring about a change from liquid fuel to electric power – dramatically reducing NZ’s reliance on imported carbon-based fuel.
You will have commercial or industrial electrical experience with a good understanding of electrical practices and standards preferably in hazardous areas, think like an engineer to solve problems as they arise, and not be afraid of a challenge.
You will pride yourself on your high-quality workmanship, have a strong focus on HSE and a good understanding of your obligations on site. We have an ‘everyone goes home safe’ philosophy, and so do our customers.
You will have experience with training or mentoring others, preparing training documentation and technical guidelines. We work with a multitude of people involved in different in industries, so you will need excellent communication skills to ensure information is communicated clearly and correctly.
Please note that to meet the requirements of this position travel within NZ is required.
To succeed in this role, you will offer:
- An electrical trade qualification (NZ registered and certified), or equivalent
- A current Practicing License and be registered as an Electrician with EWRB (New Zealand)
- At least 5 years’ experience in commercial/industrial electrical experience and working with 3-phase supply
- Practicing certificates up to and including “Electrical Inspector” is highly desirable
- Experience with electric vehicle chargers and Certification/training from established EV manufacturers will be an advantage
- A thorough understanding of the technical aspects of the EVC industry and compliance requirements
- Proven experience guiding, training, and supporting others
- Desire to take build an incredibly capable services team through your expert knowledge and desire to pass this on through great coaching
- Experience preparing written technical documentation and capturing learning from every install to ensure we are constantly refining our approach, processes, execution and knowledgebase
We have some exciting projects in the wings and offer the opportunity to grow your career with a dynamic NZ owned business in a progressive industry.
What ECL Group offer you:
In return for your skills and experience, we offer stable employment with guaranteed hours of work. Overtime and staying away allowances are on offer along with a competitive hourly rate. You will have use of a modern company vehicle and access to a full IT suite will ensure that you are equipped to do your role efficiently.
Who are ECL Group?
ECL Group is a specialist supplier of service and maintenance activities which encompass installation, maintenance and repairs to fuel systems, car washes, forecourt controls and technology solutions such as payment systems. We pride ourselves on our innovative ways, delivered by our passionate, committed and highly skilled workforce. Our business is focused on key market segments of aviation, energy, government, and retail. Our client list includes many of New Zealand's leading companies including Z Energy, BP, Caltex, Foodstuffs and Mobil.
Please note, our recruitment process involves a Ministry of Justice criminal background check, pre-employment Drug & Alcohol and medical testing. It is also a requirement that you must already hold a NZ Passport or valid working visa to apply for this role.
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for “Apply now” by clicking the green plus symbol at the top of the page!